In Trials on
18 May, 2012

Beautiful plan, beautiful place

As bad as it was, as bad as it hurt
I thank God I didn’t get what I thought that I deserved

Carrie Underwood, “Good in Goodbye”

I am in a beautiful place.

It’s not a place that I ever imagined myself in. Actually, it’s kind of the opposite of what I thought I wanted. What I thought I deserved. What I thought would make me happy.

Happiness of this world will fade away. Joy in Christ remains.

God has given me pure joy in a season of trial. He has brought me from a place of destruction to a place of utter beauty. Because I delight in him and trust in him, and I want nothing to do with self.

And to be honest, if never getting my way means I stay in this beautiful place, then I say, “Yes, please.”

He has a beautiful plan. He is so faithful.

Jen

Previous Post Next Post

7 Comments

• podafeofarn

okay, first, I love your site design; why am I so UNcreative??? And I love the quote on the sheer Beauty and Bliss of living with Christ.

I think ironically, true freedom comes from submitting to Christ! I lOVE GoD!

18 May, 2012 at 9:37 am Reply
    • Jennifer Hope

Freedom does equal submission! It is totally ironic- love how you phrased that!

And thanks for the compliment!! I recently remodeled the site, but honestly, it’s just a premade theme that I added a custom background to & added a photo with a filter to make it match 🙂 Spend some time poking around the WordPress themes & explore all the ways they can be customized!

Thanks for reading & God bless

18 May, 2012 at 11:22 pm Reply
  • cindyhfrench

Jen, YES He is so faithful! And YOU are such an inspiration! I am reading over and over my favorite scriptures or just the ones that so speak to my heart in hopes that the Lord will imprint them on my heart. He must have with some, because in my sharing of Jesus and His gift of salvation, I always can recall the right scriptures. I’ve had friends say I couldn’t memorize all that! I say, I’ve just said it enough that I guess it’s imprinted on my heart. I so want others especially my friends and family to know the joy that comes from leading another to the Lord. Even Paul commented on what a high it is! And that we were to enjoy it! So I don’t feel guilty about feeling “high” anymore! I just feel extremely great!

By the way, hadn’t heard from Holly lately. How is she? Do you think it’s ok for me to just keep emailing her?

18 May, 2012 at 9:39 am Reply
    • mymansrib

Hello Cindy,
      Of course you can email me. 🙂

18 May, 2012 at 11:31 am Reply
      • cindyhfrench

Hi Holly! I have been praying for you! Have you spoken to your doctors yet about the RSD and RA connection?
        I am anxious to know if some of the RA meds might not help you with the pain? I can’t imagine that they wouldn’t! Something like remecaid or rituxin -there are several out there.
        When were your diagnosed and how were you diagnosed? it takes special testing-at least it did back in the early 90’s. my direct email is cindy@mrtampanorth.com that might be a better way to converse

18 May, 2012 at 12:44 pm Reply
  • Jennifer N. Buczynski

Hi Jen!
    I nominated you for the Versatile blogger award the other day 🙂 I love your posts!

18 May, 2012 at 7:42 pm Reply
  • What did you think of this post?