Ever since I graduated college and entered the “real world” of working full time, I have missed having extra free time when the summer months roll around (even though I love my job!). I still usually enter the summer months with ambitions to do fun things, but I always seem greet September with a sigh as I realize few of my “summer bucket list” items got checked.
This summer, I am praying that things will be different! I have so many things I want to accomplish, so I decided to pen them down and share them with you–in hopes that it will help motivate me to make them ALL happen!
I am sure there are some I missed, but here are my goals for Summer 2016:
* Have a beach day and/or weekend near one of the Great Lakes
* Put down my phone and READ! I want to read at least four books on my GoodReads list, some of which include: Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson, Emma by Jane Austen, Persuasion by Jane Austen, Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin; and, The End of Diabetes by Joel Fuhrman
* Travel to Florida for a week in August
* Have a weekend away with family at my husband’s grandma’s cottage
* Organize the closets in our house–there is currently nothing about this process that screams excitement, but I love the feeling of being organized
* Discover new healthy and delicious recipes (and probably organize my recipe book while I’m at it!)
* Continue to make progress in our basement (painting is *finally* done; next up is installing the ceiling and figuring out what to do with the flooring) – oh, and shopping for new couches & decor for down there!
* Paint my first piece of furniture – I literally took a console table from our next door neighbor’s curb on garbage night and can’t wait to restore it!
What’s on your summer bucket list? I would love to know!!